Tuesday 18 December 2012

Well hello there

Hello and welcome to my new little corner of the world. I've thought about how I would start this blog off for a long time and have even planned some future posts but finding those first words has been difficult. I haven't felt very inspired over the past few months to do any thing much creative that I enjoy, work has played a major role but I want to move away from being so concerned with that and look towards doing things I like to do in my free time. I'm looking forward to it being this time next week and spending my first Christmas with my husband, despite the fact we have been together for almost six years this will be our first festive season together. Usually I go home to my family in one part of the country and he goes off to his in the opposite direction. I should really introduce myself, my name is Phillippa or Pip and I live by the sea in the lovely town of Aberystwyth on the mid Wales coast. I arrived here back in 2005 to study history at the university, where I ended up meeting my now husband, David. We got married back in October, and now both work in a local supermarket where nearly all the managers and supervisors have degrees, a sign of the times I feel. We do love it here but I'm hoping to move closer to mine or David's family one day. As I said above, I really want to use this space to talk about and share the things I love. My main passions are photography and writing as well as reading and collecting lots of interesting bits and pieces. I enjoy travelling around the U.K as I believe so many people aren't aware of just how much history and heritage we have here but perhaps that is the historian in me trying to get out. I like to ramble on sometimes and go off on tangents but the next post I'm planning is some facts about me to try and keep me on track. Until then...

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see a blog entry from you. Looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :D Am determined to keep going, will be starting a new project 365 in January too

    ReplyDelete