Saturday 7 September 2013

Kew Gardens

Somehow between the packing and general hectic times I've been experiencing over the past month I realised I forgot to post about our trip to Kew Gardens! After visiting Osterley in the morning we hopped back onto the Underground to Hammersmith to change to get to Kew. We arrived just after 3 p.m. and the guy at admissions told us if we waited until half past we would get in half price. Needless to say we were more than happy to sit and have a drink in the meantime. Kew has always been on my list of places to visit in London and I'm really glad we did. The big thing this summer was IncrEdibles, a journey through surprisingly edible plants. I did enjoy the Global Kitchen Garden with its array of wonderfully coloured veggies, the chillies were particularly impressive.





Inside the famous Palm house




One of my favourite parts was the Rose Garden Tea Party, beautifully decorated dishes, cups and saucers giving clues to lots of different edible plants.












My absolute favourite attraction would have to be the Water Lilly House, they were stunning in all different shapes and sizes. I also like how they put black dye in the water to make the reflections even more striking.











Time wasn't on our side as the afternoon progressed but we did have a wander around and here are a few highlights, the mushrooms are fabulous














We will visit Kew again at some point to see all the places we didn't get to see this time, especially if we get there nice and early. I think it is well worth the admission price for the full day and very reasonable for the afternoon cost too.

No comments:

Post a Comment