Sunday 21 April 2013

This week

Bit of a catch up today, a week of late shifts coupled with a terrible cough has taken it out of me and I find myself here on Sunday looking at the rain outside wishing it was as sunny as yesterday. I had planned to go out and shoot another couple of films to get processed next week but the weather has other ideas. 

Tuesday was glorious and we made the most of it having lunch with some friends at a new pub, The Starling Cloud before heading off into town for a little seafront walk to enjoy the sun. I even had to buy some new sunglasses! Still, it was good to just sit outside and have a little bask. We were amused by the dog in the second picture, watching him chasing his ball and he was not impressed if it touched the water.



Wednesday marked six months since we got married, can't really believe it's been that long as the time as gone so quickly but at the same time it only feels like it happened yesterday, a bit of a contradiction I know. I had to work and David went to see his parents who were up in Tywyn, they were coming down but a blocked drain problem stopped that so he went up instead. I bought him a little present, something I found on eBay


He loves Zingy from the EDF energy adverts, I wish they made an official one which could bop to music as that would be amazing. I love buying him little random things, if you ask what his favourite present of this type I have ever bought him, he would reply with potato shaped scrubby brush which I found in a shop called Buyology at home in Newport about three years ago.

What else have I been up to? I've started to plan my project for next month in a bit more detail as I've bought some fabric for it. Here is what I'm going to attempt with the help of my mum and her sewing machine and the fabrics I've picked so far. I'm still on the hunt for my perfect sky as well as a lovely red and some striking purples, greens and a paler blue but I'm enjoying looking online at the selections they have, so many beautiful fabrics.


Crafty Creatives Box 10 also arrived with me late this week, the Blue theme is subtle but I love it as blue is one of my favourite colours and quite appropriate as Cardiff clinched promotion this week too, post to follow on this tomorrow.

Lastly, I finally managed to get my hands on this beautiful little piece, Soppy by Philippa Rice, as it had sold out last time I tried to buy a copy and I absolutely love it. This scene on the left sums us up perfectly.





No comments:

Post a Comment