Wednesday 13 March 2013

Crafty Creatives Boxes 8 and 9

Yesterday my third Crafty Creatives box arrived, as usual I was beyond excited to see what the theme they have gone with this month, I was thrilled with the Steampunk box! It has to be my favourite box so far. I liked the Woodland box and last month Spots and Stripes but this one is the best. Talking of box 8, I only recently got my hands on it as we were away for a fortnight when it arrived and although I tried to avoid temptation to find out the theme in the end I caved in and looked online as I'm not the most patient of people at the best of times. So, what was in box 8?


  • Art card by Paul Heard
  • CC kit, a polymer clay necklace with either spots or stripes
  • Roll of washi tape, mine is blue and stripey
  • Bundle of spotty and stripey straws
  • 24 spotty cupcake cases
  • Single spotty glass bead, mine is sky blue
  • 3m of stripey string
  • 20 striped resin beads in green purple
  • 50cm strip of green and white spotty PVC fabric
  • Fat quarter of striped cotton fabric
  • Pack of sticky foam dots
  • Sheet of stripey tissue paper
  • And round nose pliers and 15 silver-plated head-pins
Phew, so many lovely bits and pieces. I love all the different suggestions included on the art cards in the box and on the blog, great for kick starting your inspiration and when you're a craft novice like me.  

Tuesday isn't one of my usual days at work and generally a fairly quiet day with nothing exciting going on so you can imagine my joy at returning home last night to find box 9 waiting for me in all its pinkness! After carefully opening the box and peeking inside as I said above, I was overjoyed with the contents.



From the top we have -

  • CC kit, this month a little trinket box to decoupage Steampunk style
  • Bundle of leather scraps
  • Pipe spacer beads
  • 3m brown leather cord
  • Watch parts, a got a nice big piece
  • Bulb and clock charms
  • Lock clasps, love the locks and keys
  • Art card by Britta van den Boom
  • Brown tweed fabric with metallic copper twist
  • Metallic transfer foils, nice and shiny
  • Bottle of crackle glaze
  • Reel of wire
I think my favourites are the bulb charm and the lock and keys as I have a pretty silver heart charm I bought in an antiques centre many years ago, lots and lots of ideas on what I'm going to make with this little lot over the next few weeks or so. If you haven't tried a Crafty Creatives box then I would definitely recommend it, the element of surprise each month and the rummaging through the box to see all the specially selected goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment