Friday 24 May 2013

One year ago

Today marks a year since we got engaged! It does and doesn't feel like it was that long ago since we took the train from Edinburgh up to Blair Atholl to visit the beautiful Blair Castle. I remember being a bit grumpy at having to get up so early to catch the train and I did sleep most of the way and missed all the lovely countryside but made up for it later in the day by taking over 400 photographs! David actually proposed to me whilst we were sitting by a little stream next to the bridge you can see in the pictures below.

I would love to say it was a complete surprise but getting married was something we had been talking about quite a bit, I just wasn't sure when he would ask me but he picked a beautiful spot to do it. My overwhelming memory of the day was the heat, the entire week we were in Scotland last year I hadn't experienced temperatures like it for a while, it was hot constantly, a stark contrast to our first visit in the snow. The train journey back to Edinburgh from Blair Atholl was one of the worst trains I've ever been on as the air conditioning didn't work despite the best efforts of the train staff but it really didn't matter because I was getting married! We did look at how much it would have cost to get married at Blair and as much as we would have loved it the price was a little beyond our means.













No comments:

Post a Comment